This is a blog post from Arika B, Concept Artist, Stampin’ Up!
Here’s what she has to say about an old family tradition…
“I remember making salt dough ornaments for Christmas when I was a kid and having so much fun. I love that our cookie stamps (US/CAN) work so well for making ornaments and add a fun little twist.
The recipe I used for the salt dough was so easy. All you do is:
– Combine 4 cups of flour and 1 cup of salt, and then slowly add 1-1/2 cups of water while stirring.
– Knead the dough for about five minutes.
– Roll the dough on a floured surface, to about 1/4 inch thickness.
– Stamp the cookie stamp onto an ink pad and then press it into the dough.
– Use a small circle cookie cutter to cut out the stamped image.
– Bake on an ungreased cookie sheet for about 45 minutes at 180 degrees F.